iBuy+ Travel, the university’s online booking tool, supported by Travel Leaders at 855-771-9109, is available 24/7 to provide air, rail, car rental and hotel services.
Users who are current employees of GW have access to the iBuy+ tool for booking both business and leisure travel. When accessing iBuy Travel for the first time, select the Profile tab in the upper center of the home screen and complete all required fields in the profile, making certain of the following:
- Name is entered in the profile as it appears on the user’s government issued ID or passport
- Email address is included in the profile for both traveler and travel arranger if applicable
- Required TSA Secure Flight information including gender and birthdate is entered
- User’s purchasing card is entered for payment of business travel and personal card for any leisure travel
- All frequent traveler account numbers and expiration dates for any credit cards or membership numbers are accurate (and the name on the account matches the traveler’s profile name).
- Enter the email address of the person reconciling the purchasing card charges to insure they receive a copy of the receipts.
If the user is booking travel for a visitor, user should go to the dropdown that indicates they are “Administering Travel for Me” and choose Guest Traveler.
If user is booking travel for another employee, the traveler should go to their profile and assign the user as travel arranger, giving permission to book travel on their behalf. Then the user can choose the specific traveler in the dropdown box referenced above. Questions, please contact Vince Johns, GW Travel Services Administrator, 571-553-4269
Air and Hotel Discounts Available through iBuy+ Concur
GW offers to employees and students air and hotel discounts (as negotiated for University business travel) through the iBuy+ Travel system. You must log in to your iBuy+ Travel profile and store a personal credit card before booking leisure/personal travel.
Club Quarters reservations can be made through iBuy+ Travel. However, reservations for highly reduced weekend rates, available at all Club Quarters locations, can only be made by calling Club Quarters Member Services 203-905-2100. Identify yourself as calling from “George Washington University.”
Car Rental Discounts
Enterprise Holdings offers GW employees and students car rental rates for leisure/personal travel. Enterprise and National cannot be booked through iBuy+ Travel for leisure/personal travel. Reservations can be made through Enterprise or National’s websites.
- Enter contract ID XZ16811.
- Insurance coverage is not included in leisure/personal rental rates.
- Drivers must provide their own insurance or purchase insurance at the pick-up counter.
Note – GW business travel only car rental rates are less expensive and must be booked through iBuy+ Travel or by calling Travel Leaders (855-771-9109). GW’s business travel rates with Enterprise, National and Hertz include collision and liability insurance at no extra cost.
45155 Research Place
Ashburn, VA 20147